This is a yummy strawberry flavored butter cream frosting that goes well on cakes, cupcakes, swiss rolls and even on bread :).
Strawberry buttercream frostingThis is a yummy strawberry flavored butter cream frosting that goes well on cakes, cupcakes, swiss rolls and even on bread :).Teena Mathew
Softened Unsalted Butter
Corn Starch/ Corn flour
Strawberries ( medium sized)
- Wash, hull and chop the strawberries into small pieces.
- Transfer the chopped strawberries into a bowl and add the granulated sugar. Mix well and keep aside for an hour.
- Puree the strawberry sugar mixture along with the corn starch in a blender. Puree would be close to 1 cup in quantity.
Adjust the quantity of sugar based on the sourness of the strawberries.
- Pour the above mixture into a saucepan on medium heat and stir occasionally until the mixture thickens.
- Cream the softened butter for about 5 mins scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. ( Do not use melted butter)
- Add powdered sugar in small portions and beat until fluffy and creamy.
Reduce or increase the amount of sugar based on how sweet you would like the icing to be.
- Add the thickened strawberry puree and beat until evenly mixed.