Melting Moments are cookies that are easy to bake and are the perfect gift for festive season. These can be stored in air tight containers for couple of weeks.
Melting MomentsMelting Moments are cookies that are easy to bake and are the perfect gift for festive season. These can be stored in air tight containers for couple of weeks.Teena Mathew
All purpose flour
Unsalted butter at room temperature
Powdered sugar, sifted
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch and salt.
- In another bowl using a stand mixer or electric mixer cream the butter and sugar for 2-4 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Do not over mix
- Cover and refrigerate the batter for about an hour to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). At this stage line the baking sheet(Cookie Pan/Cookie tray) with parchment paper.
- When batter is firm, form into 2.5 cm balls and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 - 14 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack for 2-3 minutes and then dust generously with powdered sugar.