A light fluffy French delicacy made with beaten eggs and rich cream
Mango SouffléA light fluffy French delicacy made with beaten eggs and rich creamTeena Mathew
- Puree one mango in a bowl. Dice the other mango into small pieces and keep aside.
- Boil 150 ml water and mix gelatin until all of the gelatin gets dissolved in water.
- Separate the egg yolk from the white. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form
- Beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to the pureed Mango.Stir the mixture on a double boiler until all the sugar gets dissolved. Make sure not to over cook the egg yolks
- Remove from fire and add the gelatin mixture and beat them in well together.
- Add the heavy cream and beat well.
- Fold in the egg whites to the above soufflé mixture thoroughly.
- Empty the mixture into a container in which you wish to set the soufflé up or spoon the mixture into small individual serving bowls.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours (until set). Before serving add the mango pieces. Serve chilled.
- Serving suggestions:
1) Spoon the soufflé into a bowl or glass. Add more mango pieces.
2) Layer the soufflé alternating with whipped cream.