Malapua is an Indian pancake served as a dessert. This dessert can be accompanied with Rabri(reduced sweetened milk) or vanilla ice cream.
MalpuaMalapua is an Indian pancake served as a dessert. This dessert can be accompanied with Rabri(reduced sweetened milk) or vanilla ice cream.Teena Mathew
Saffron 2 Pinch
strands - Optional
Oil for frying (Vegetable Oil)
Chopped nuts (pistachios, almonds) -
optional 3 Tablespoon
- Mix milk powder, melted butter. This should give you a thick grainy textured mixture.
- Into the mixture from step 1, add the flour.
- Add milk and whisk the mixture using a hand whisk. If too thick add water to make the batter into pouring consistency.Batter Consistency: Between pancake batter and crepes batter.
- Keep aside for 30-45 mins.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Add the saffron strands. (optional) Let it simmer for 25-30 mins on medium heat. Stir in occasionally. At this point add a little lemon juice to prevent crystallization.
- Heat the oil in fry pan. Pour in 1 table spoon of batter each and fry until golden brown. Drain on a tissue paper. Dip each of the fired pancake in the sugar syrup prepared in step 5 for 20 seconds
- Transfer the malpua to a serving dish and garnish with chopped nuts.
Garnish can be avoided if you do not like nuts
- Serve the malpua warm with vanilla ice cream.