Lauki halwa is as dear as Gajar ka halwa made with easily and readily available ingredients.
Lauki(Bottlegourd) HalwaLauki halwa is as dear as Gajar ka halwa made with easily and readily available ingredients.Teena Mathew
Khoya ( Mava) -
Clarified Butter -
Cardamom powder/essence -
Rose water - (optional)
CashewNuts - (optional)
Raisin - (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of clarified butter on sim and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep aside.
- Add the bottle gourd to the same pan and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the hot milk and keep stirring till it starts to boil.
- Add sugar at this stage and stir until all the sugar has melted.
- Add khoya/mava and cook until a thickened mixture forms.
- At this stage add the cardamom essence/powder and rose water and stir well.
- Throw in the rest of the clarified butter and fried dry fruits ( Step1)
- Cook until all the moisture evaporates and forms a soft lump.
- Serve hot