This is spiced indian bread pieces. A South Indian recipe served with chutney or raita.
Kothu paratha/ Kothu ParottaThis is spiced indian bread pieces. A South Indian recipe served with chutney or raita.Teena Mathew
Onion( Medium Sized)
Dried Red Chillies
Ginger Garlic Paste
Chicken masala powder
Tomato (small/ medium)
- Chop onion and chilies.
Tear the kerala parotta roughly. ( you can also use paratha as an alternative)
- Heat oil in a pan ( Preferably non stick pan) and add mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds splutter, saute onions, curry leaves, green chilies and red chilies until the onion is cooked and translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Reduce heat and add ginger garlic paste, chicken masala powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder. Stir fry for a minute.In case you do not have chicken masala use 1/2 tablespoon of coriander powder and 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- Add the roughly torn parotta pieces and stir fry on high heat for a few minutes.
- Break eggs and add it to the pan. Scramble thoroughly until the eggs are cooked and mixed with the Parottas.
- Cook for another couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Raita. ( Though I like it without raita)