Indian dessert served with warm milk or just as is. This zig- zagged fried sweet is a treat to the taste buds.
Instant Jalebi (No Yeast)Indian dessert served with warm milk or just as is. This zig- zagged fried sweet is a treat to the taste buds. Add a pinch of turmeric/ food color to give it a nice yellow or orange color. The quantity mentioned serves 2-3 people.Teena Mathew
All purpose flour
- For the Sugar Syrup: Heat pan on a medium heat, add sugar and water and mix well until sugar gets dissolved with the water.
- Bring the syrup to boil. Lower the heat and simmer the syrup until you get single thread consistency. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to the syrup to prevent crystallization and keep aside.
- For Jalebi Batter: Take flour in to a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the corn flour and yoghurt.
- Add water and vinegar/lime juice. Combine well to make a batter of pourable consistency(Batter should not be too thin)
- Add fruit salt ( ENO) and mix well. (On adding ENO, the batter will bubble)
- Pour the jalebi batter in to ketchup bottle/Ziploc bag /cone and cut the corner to make a small perforation for the batter to pass through(Similar to an icing cone).
- Pipe swirls or connected spirals into hot oil. Turn over with caution after 15 seconds.
- Fry from both the sides till jalebis get light golden brown.
- Soak the jalebi in warm syrup from both sides.
- Serve as is or with warm milk.
Add a pinch of turmeric/ food color to give it a nice yellow or orange color. The quantity mentioned serves 2-3 people.