This is a healthy evening snack or breakfast idea. I usually use the left over idli to make this dish.
Idli Upma ( Left over Idli)This is a healthy evening snack or breakfast idea. I usually use the left over idli to make this dish.Teena Mathew
Onion medium sized)
Dried Red Chilli
Cocount Grated (Optional)
Garam Masala ( Optional)
Chaat Masala ( Optional)
- Cut Idli into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
- Chop the onions into small pieces. Chop Green chili and cut the red chili into halves.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. Once the mustard splutters, add dal (for crunch) if desired. Saute until dal becomes light brown color.
- Add the onion, green chili, curry leaves and red chili and grated coconut. Add turmeric and salt to taste.
- Stir until the onions are slightly brown. Add the idli pieces and mix thoroughly. (if the idli is hard sprinkle water and close the pan with a lid for 3-4 minutes)
- Take the pan off heat. Sprinkle a pinch of garam masala and chaat masala if desired.
- Serve hot. This dish does not require chutney or sambhar.