Philadelphia cream cheese packages
Sour cream (thick)
- For Base: Crush the digestive biscuits in a chopper until fine and evenly powdered
- Add melted butter and mix well until the the mixture is evenly mixed.
- Prepare an 8 inch and empty the above mixture. Spread the mixture evenly and press with the back of a spoon to create a thin even layer of crust.
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth using a hand blender
- Add egg and beat until light and well combined.
- Add sour cream and vanilla essence and beat until volume has slightly increased
- Pour the mixture into into the pan with crust layered out.
- Place the bakeware into a water bath and bake at 170C or 350F for 50-60 Minutes or until top turns slightly brown
- Allow the cake to cool. When slightly warm, pop it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Notes: You can top this cake with whipped cream, berries, or berry sauce.