Kerala side dish that goes well with rice.
Beans/Payar thoranKerala side dish that goes well with rice.Teena Mathew
Finely chopped ginger
Finely chopped garlic
- Chop onion. Slit the green chilies. Keep aside
- Chop the beans thinly. For ease you can pulse them using a chopper/food processor.
- Heat oil in a kadai or skillet. Add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the chopped onion, ginger , garlic, curry leaves and slit green chilies.
Saute until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the coconut and saute for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the chopped beans, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Sprinkle water and cover and cook on low to medium heat until soft. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with rice