A low fat yummy upside down cake with loads of banana flavor.
Banana upside down cake ( Low Fat)A low fat yummy upside down cake with loads of banana flavor.Teena Mathew
For the Topping
For the Cake
All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 Cups
Granulated White Sugar
Sour Cream or Yoghurt
Banana, ripe, pureed
Butter, unsalted, melted
Put the brown sugar, water and butter in an 8 inch pan. Place the cake tin on low flame until the butter melts and the sugar, water and butter is evenly mixed.
- Slice the bananas and place them on top of the brown sugar mixture, slightly overlapping each other.
- Squeeze a couple drops of lemon juice on top of the bananas.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Put all the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar in a bowl, lightly mix them until all the ingredients are blended together.
- In a second bowl, combine the butter, eggs, pureed bananas, yogurt or sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients in to the wet mixture until it’s all combined. Carefully add in the chocolate if doing so.
- Pour the mixture carefully over the bananas and lightly spread the batter until it evenly covers the pan.
- Put it in the over and let it bake for 40 – 50 mins. You can test it with a toothpick and if it comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool and slowly run a knife along the edge of the pan to help separate the cake from the pan.
- Invert the cake onto the serving platter or a tray lined with aluminium foil.