Flavorful moist cake.
Apricot Date CakeFlavorful moist cake.Teena Mathew
Butter, unsalted, at room Temperature
All Purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a pan pour water and add the dates and apricot. On medium heat cook until soft.
- Once cool, grind the cooked dates and apricot in 1/4th cup of milk. It's perfectly fine to have a few pieces of dates/apricot here and there.
- Bowl1: Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Bowl2: Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl. Beat in the eggs one by one.
- Add the ground date-apricot paste and beat until well incorporated.
- Spoon the contents of Bowl1 and the remaining milk in smalls quantities and beat until well incorporated.
- Transfer contents of Bowl2 to a greased baking pan. Bake at 350F for 25-30mins or until slightly brown on top and brown on the the edges.